Are you insured?
- Yes, I have $2 million general liability that covers solar panel cleaning and damages.
How long have you been in business?
- Purewater Solar Cleaning started in July of 2016
What areas do you service?
- We plan on servicing all of Southern California for commercial & agricultural jobs and Kern County for Residential. (Primarily the Bakersfield Area)
Solar Panel Cleaning Questions:
When they installed our system they said it was maintenance free, so why do I need to clean my panels?
- Yes, the system itself is maintenance free, but the panels on the roof will get dirty over time. This will lower the light collecting efficiency of the panels by 20%-35% which will decrease the amount of electricity generated and decrease the return you’ll receive from your panels.
My installer said don’t bother?
- Unfortunately the solar industry is still new and there are many inexperienced installers out there. It is a scientific fact that dirty panels block the sunlight and less electricity is produced. I have even heard of a so-called “experienced” installer say a solar panel produces the same amount of electricity when covered with a foot of snow. Another reason why they say that is because telling a customer there is a maintenance expense is not a good selling point for them.
Won’t the rain clean the panels?
- Yes rain will rinse some of the loose dust off, but other debris such as bird and animal droppings, salt crystallization, dirt and mineral residue (clouding) will all require agitation to be removed.
Why shouldn’t I just do it myself?
Getting up on the roof can be a very dangerous task. Dragging a hose up and standing on a wet roof can be very dangerous, and using the hard tap water here in this valley, it’s a recipe for a lot of potential damage and expensive repairs in the long run!
How often should i get my panels cleaned?
- My recommendation for cleaning frequency in this area is every 2 months. However; the worst case should be every 6 month. The priority is to get them functioning at their optimum level. We can clean your panels Monthly, Quarterly, twice a year and one time.
Will cleaning my panels void my warranty?
- No, regular cleaning and inspections of your panels will protect your warranty and is recommended by the manufacturers.
How do I schedule an appointment?
- To schedule an appointment you can give me a call or send me a message. We can schedule you for a quote or we can do a quick estimate over the phone.
Do I need to be home for the cleaning?
- No, as we do not need to enter your home we can complete the cleaning when no nobody is home.
Do the Solar Panels need cleaning early?
- In my opinion, solar panels should be cleaned either early in the morning before they heat up or late in the evening when they are cooling down.
Do I need to turn my panels off for the cleaning?
- No, this is not necessary. In fact it is pretty impressive to watch your output increase as I clean the panels.
Why should I have my panels cleaned?
- You are losing money when your panels are dirty because the dirt and other is blocking the sun. It will also lengthen the lifespan of your system.
Can I hose my panels down?
- No, this is a very common mistake. Please do not do this as you will be permanently damaging your panels.